Director, Information Technology is a professional, managerial, and
administrative position that reports to the Chief Deputy, Operations.
The position is responsible for preparing for and conducting elections
using elections office software and hardware, and providing
elections office systems technical and training support. The position
also serves as technical support for hardware and software operations of
the 15 Supervisor of Elections office staff.
This position is the
hands-on, technical support staff that maintains systems and solves any
server, network, printer, computer, database and other technology
problems. It is a combination of decision-maker on product and program
enhancement and implementation, as well as the person that performs the
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
essential job functions are intended only as illustrations of the
various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does
not exclude them from the position if the work is a logical assignment
to the position.)
- Directs and manages information technology functions and temporary election support staff.
organizes, coordinates, and controls technology systems used in preparing for and conducting elections.
- Ensures registration system and voting system preparations meet the absolute deadlines required for elections.
- Creates ballots and programs elections using the office’s election management system.
- Assists in the preparation of precinct voting devices for all elections.
- Evaluates and recommends for purchase elections office hardware and software systems.
- Administers voter registration system functions, security, and operations.
- Directs and schedules the production of voter notification materials as required.
- Develops solutions resulting in improved accuracy, efficiency, and productivity in election support.
- Manages election systems hardware and software vendor support.
- Oversees identification, upkeep and management of the office IVR phone system.
- Handles special projects and other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Elections.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
years of progressively responsible
experience in the management of computer systems, applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary computers, peripherals, networks, servers and operating systems.
- SQL, AD/DHCP, VPN
- Windows 10, Server 2012 r2, 2012 Standard/Hyper -V
- Apple Configurator
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, multi-tasking, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze office requirements and produce solutions by using technology and work management.
to establish, maintain working relationships with other
governmental officials, vendors, and the public.
- Ability to understand election laws and rules and how they apply to elections office operations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Must be a registered voter in the State of Florida prior to appointment.
(A comparable amount of education, training, or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
MANDATORY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
and available to work extended days and weekends as needed, with little
or no advance notice, and perform related duties as assigned to meet
the needs of the office.
Office environment; occasional field work
HOW TO APPLY